Tips for Hiring Packers and Movers in Bangalore
Whether you are moving out of Bangalore, or within Bangalore, the energy spend in packing your home will be almost the same. In both the cases, you are relocating from a familiar space to a new one, and that too with your full home. It is not vacation where you are packing your bags for a span of two weeks. When you are packing your full house, there are some tips that you can follow.
- Start packing at least a month before the actual moving date.
- Prepare a to-do list and jot down all the important points. Do not trust your memory now, and depend on your diary. Writing the important points can reduce the stress and the panic.
- Start packing room by room, like first the living room, then the bed room, then kid's room etc. Pack one room each day!
- The packing materials must be in good condition. If you are using old boxes and crates, check their condition well.
- You can ask for the boxes and other packing materials from the local market and the retail shops.
- Notify the postal service, banks and other important places about your change of address so that you do not miss any deliveries and letters!
- It is better not to pack any edible items like jams and jellies as they can spill during the journey and destroy other goods.
- Label the boxes so that you can find the required items easily. Keep the medicines and the toiletries handy as you will need them most often!
- Use packing tapes without being a miser. The more the packing tapes, the stronger are the boxes and crates.
- Before you hire a packers and movers company, check the credentials and also their experience in the field.
- The visiting officials of the company must come and meet you and put forward the estimated quotes on the basis of the weight and number of goods, and also the distance covered.
- Make sure that all your gods have insurance cover provided by the packers and movers company.
- Talk to at least 3 companies before finalizing the deal with any one.
- If you have kids, then you can engage them in the packing works, giving them small duties suitable to their age. If your kid is too small, then you can keep them with your relatives till you are done packing. I know this is harsh, but it is for your benefit in packing.
- Make sure that all the appliances are clean, dry and switched off, at least 3 days before the actual move.
- For the glassware, like the plates and dishes, pack each piece separately, and do not keep them horizontally one above the other, rather make them vertically stand beside one another.
- The items that you will be carrying with you in your car or van, must be packed separately so that they don't get mixed up.
- Visit your new place before you move there with your full house. Check the condition of the new place to avoid any future problems.
- Do not carry any extra items with you, in case you have some extra or unwanted stuff, get rid of them. You can put them on sale, or donate or just throw away. The more the goods, the higher will be your moving expense.
- On the day of the actual move, wake up early, do not over sleep. Be ready before time, and also be connected to the packing and moving company via phone!
Best wishes to you! May you have a blissful life ahead!